Surplus Festival aims to provide a relaxed and safe environment where people can gather together. We hope that everyone can join us in creating this, but if you're found to be upsetting people, you may be asked to leave.
We are not trying to control everything but there are some areas of the site where entry is restricted or prohibited as the site is a Private Organic farm and a condition of us using the land is that we ensure people and animals are not disturbed. Any unauthorised persons found in a restricted area will be considered trespassing and may be asked to leave the festival site.
Please be as quiet as possible around the family areas and when leaving site to prevent disturbance to local residents.
Most of all we want everyone to have a good time. Abiding by the following will help us to ensure everyone enjoys the festival
• encompasses car park, campsites and arena.
GATE OPENING TIMES:
• Strictly no entry after 10pm. Friday, Saturday, Sunday 10am-10pm. Entry to the site is only allowed between the hours of 10.00am and 10.00pm. Outside of these hours you will not be allowed entry to the festival. Anyone arriving outside of these hours may be parked in a holding area until the next day. Please help us by arriving within these times.
CAR PARK & VEHICLES:
• All live-in vehicles are advised that they must bring a fire extinguisher or fire blanket in accordance with the most recent fire regulations - you may be asked to show this on entry.
• Camp site curfew and vehicles: There will be no re-entry to campsites from outside the festival or the car parks between 10pm and 10am; no driving of vehicles will be permitted in the tented camp sites; no sleeping in vehicles in car parks is allowed
• Campervan/Caravan tickets: holders of these must also hold valid tickets to the event to be allowed entry to the arena; entry to the campervan/caravan area will only be allowed to drivers of vehicles holding a campervan/caravan ticket and the ticket is valid for one campervan, or one caravan or factory-made trailer-tent only; no tents may be pitched in the Campervan/Caravan area.
• Vehicles and trailers brought on site are done so at your own risk and Surplus Festival accept no responsibility for damaged caused to vehicles while arriving, leaving or at the venue.
• Please be aware that there is no hard standing on site, all vehicles/caravans will be parked on grass – please make allowances for this.
• Purchasing a ticket implies your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
• Your ticket is valid for one person only. You are advised to check your ticket upon receipt. Please read additional terms and conditions on the ticket. No tickets will be refunded unless the event is completely cancelled in which case only the face value of the ticket will be refunded. Tickets are for the festival and not for one specific artist. The promoter will use their best endeavors to present the line-up as advertised, but the line-up of artists cannot be guaranteed. Should one or more artists cancel, the festival will go ahead as normal. Refunds will not be given in these circumstances. Purchase of this ticket and/or its presentation at the event signifies your agreement to the terms and conditions set by the promoter here.
• Lost, stolen or incomplete tickets: admission will not be allowed to persons without ticket and stub (joined) in the case of hard tickets, or to a person presenting a ticket that has already been scanned in the case of e-tickets, or to persons whose tickets have been lost or stolen; keep tickets safe – treat them like cash.
• Lost or altered wristbands: attendance without the relevant wristband issued by the event is not allowed and will result in ejection; wristbands that have been tampered with or removed will be declared invalid and lost wristbands will not be replaced.
• Under 16's are free but still need a ticket, please make sure a ticket has been bought/ applied for, for every child, even the little ones! If you have added child tickets to your order and no longer need them, please contact Surplus to reallocate the unwanted tickets. There are a limited number of tickets so releasing them will allow other families to benefit.
• There are NO crèche facilities at this festival - Although there is a dedicated Children’s Area - Parents/Guardians are responsible for their children at all times and must not leave their children unattended, including in the arena, at workshops, healing areas, and where there are natural hazards.
PPERSONS UNDER 18:
• Under 18s Must be accompanied by a responsible adult AGED 21 AND OVER on entering the festival venue and at all times while attending the festival; they may not bring alcohol into or consume it anywhere at the festival venue; original photo-ID with proof of age will be required for persons claiming to be 18 & over and 21 & over by the box office for access if accompanied by children, or in order to be given an adult wristband.
• Box office staff, security, stewarding and bar staff have the right to challenge age claims where they believe the claim being made is questionable and acceptable proof of age is not provided, or refuse to serve alcohol. acceptable forms of photo ID; A passport, European Union photocard driving license, a photographic identity card bearing the national Proof of Age Standards Scheme (PASS) hologram, national identity card issued by a European Union member state.
• One adult aged 21 or over may accompany a maximum of TWO persons under 18 to the festival venue.
FOR CARER'S PASSES / DISABLED CAR PARKING:
• You must bring evidence of being one of the following: DLA/ESA, Incapacity/PIP. Carer's passes are limited to one per person and can be arranged in advance by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org and providing your full name, ticket details and evidence.
• Currently dogs are allowed at Surplus if a valid ticket has been bought (£10, to be purchased at the gate upon arrival) , please help us keep it that way by respecting the following conditions:
• The festival is held on an organic farm so please ensure all dogs are fully wormed before attending the festival.
• DOGS MUST BE KEPT ON A LEAD AT ALL TIMES. (And the other end of the lead MUST be connected to someone or something that stops the dog roaming.) . Your dog may be the best behaved dog in the world but that does not apply to everyone else’s dog. They can be a nuisance when they are running around loose.
• Any dog found loose will be returned to the owner and a fee of £2 charged, repeat offenders will be asked to leave site.
• Clean up after your dog - If you are seen to be not clearing up after your animal, you will be asked to leave site along with your animal.
FOOD & DRINK:
• At Surplus we keep prices reasonable and we have bars on site for the sale of alcohol and several food traders around the site. We do not place any unreasonable restrictions* on visitors from bringing their own food and drink to site, although we'd like you to buy from us…. obviously!
• Please use alcohol responsibly, personal use only. Do not bring alcohol in to sell, anyone found attempting to sell alcohol without written authorisation from Surplus will have the items confiscated and may be asked to leave site. We operate a Challenge 25 policy, if you’re lucky enough to look under 25, you will be asked for ID.
GLASS & DANGEROUS OBJECTS:
• NO GLASS IS ALLOWED ON SITE. Please decant any glass bottles into plastic BEFORE you arrive on site. Glass bottles/jars may be confiscated on entry if another suitable container isn't available. This is for the safety of our patrons and the farm animals; you're co-operation is appreciated.
• Flares, Chinese lanterns, fireworks, illegal substances, nitrous oxide and other psychoactive substances: none of these are permitted at the festival venue and will be confiscated; use of fireworks, flares or Chinese lanterns will result in immediate ejection.
• Patrons’ clothing, bags & vehicles will be searched at gates.
• Please leave the site fit for wildlife after you've gone - we aim to leave no trace. Recycle where possible, We’d appreciate it if you could take your rubbish home with you or drop it off at the local waste and recycling centre. Otherwise please use the bins provided. Please leave your camping area clear of rubbish.
RIGHT OF ADMISSION:
• RIGHT OF ADMISSION RESERVED. The promoter reserves the right to refuse admission to or to eject ticket-holders from the festival venue without a refund. Aggressive or antisocial behavior: will be met with a zero-tolerance policy and immediate ejection.
CLOTHING & EQUIPMENT:
• This is an outdoor event; it is your responsibility to be prepared for all weather conditions and to bring appropriate clothing and camping gear. Bring suitable clothes to wrap up warm in- it can get chilly at night!
• No fires will be permitted in campsites or car parks; Do not use BBQs or stoves of any type in tents - tents are extremely flammable and there is a serious risk of carbon monoxide poisoning.
• No independent sound systems to be brought onto site.
FILMING & PHOTOGRAPHY:
• You consent to appearance in photographs, film and sound recordings of the event as a member of the audience.
• You use the festival venue at your own risk; the promoter shall disclaim liability for death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the promoter, its servants or agents or any person whilst entering or leaving the festival venue; the promoter shall disclaim liability for death, injury, disease or loss caused to any person or to his servant or agent at the festival venue; the promoter shall disclaim liability for any loss, damage or theft to property including vehicles at the festival venue; the promoter shall disclaim liability for any inaccuracies in any information published with regard to the event.
WARNING – LOUD MUSIC CAN DAMAGE YOUR HEARING
PLEASE RESPECT OUR NEIGHBOURS’ PRIVACY – AVOID UNNECESSARY NOISE AND KEEP TO FESTIVAL AREAS ONLY
PLEASE RESPECT THE LAND